Monday, March 18, 2019

Finish What You Have Started

I keep track of production by word count. I aim for 2K words or more a week. I also have a goal of one short story a month. In 2017 I wrote 15. In 2018 I wrote 12. So far, in 2019, I have not finished one SS. It is March. I'm getting antsy. Don't get me wrong, I'm being productive, I just haven't finished a SS. It is a special feeling, finishing a story. Accomplishment. I need my fix. I started a SS in January and it kept going, January, and going, February, and going. I finally wrote THE END today.
I'm not finished, mind you. Still a lot of polishing to do, but I got to THE END. The story is called 'The Year Walk' or 'Solstice Nights,' not sure yet. It clocks in at around 11,500 words, which technically makes it a novelette, not a SS. Don't care.
I got to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment